It has been a relatively long time since Apple launched the 6th generation iPad mini 2021 model. iPad mini 6 has been upgraded a lot in all aspects. An A15 Bionic Chip is embedded in it to achieve using iPad Mini 6 for illustration work. The UI experience is the same across the board as the other higher-end iPads, such as the iPad Pro and the iPad Air. Besides, its power button doubles as a fingerprint scanner, and to the side is a magnet that can hold onto the Apple Pencil...
However, for the charging experience of the iPad mini 6, it still employs the old school method—USB-C charging at an 18W charging speed. Today, we're covering the best charging accessories for iPad mini 6, including wired charging accessories and an ultimate "wireless" charging solution.
Wired Charging Accessories for iPad Mini 6
1. Charging Adapters
Let's first discuss the charging standard of the iPad mini 6.
The first measurement of a charging port is its wattage. It is known that the standard Apple-brand USB power adapter offers 20 watts of power. When we charge our iPad, we use a higher wattage adapter so as to harness a bit of extra power.
So the higher wattage, the better? Not exactly. While there's no downside to using a higher wattage charger from a safety perspective, they tend to cost more. And, since each of your devices has a maximum wattage it can receive and utilize from a charger, there's no need to grab the highest wattage you can find.
Apart from Apple's power adapter, the following three adapters are recommended for your iPad mini 6.
1) Aioneus 30W charging block supports PD 3.0 USB-C and can fast charge your iPhone and two other mobiles simultaneously. Meanwhile, its foldable plug makes it ideal for travel.
2) Nekteck 111-Watt USB-C wall charger station boasts four power ports and supports up to 87W speed. It's compatible with most laptops and smart phones. Moreover, it includes a USB-IF certified Type-C cable capable of 100W charging.
3) Anker Nano II 30W is powered by GaN II technology, so it's much smaller than the average 30W power adapters. Though not foldable, its compact size makes it effortless to take it with you for travel. And it will charge a MacBook Air at full speed, not to mention the iPad mini 6.
2. USB-C Cable
While people are arguing whether and when Apple will make iPhones with USB-C ports, it's good to see that the new iPad mini features a USB-C port, which allows you to connect it to more devices.
Generally speaking, we need a cable that offers USB Power Delivery, also known as USB-PD or simple PD. Also, the length of the charging cables is another measurement that should be considered.
Here're some suggestions for the cable for your iPad mini 6:
1) Apple USB-C Charge Cable has USB-C connectors on both ends. You can pair it with a compatible USB-C power adapter to conveniently charge your iPad mini 6 from a wall outlet and take advantage of fast-charging capabilities. And there are two different lengths to choose from: 1m and 2m.
2) Nimaso USB-C to USB-C features a maximum output of 100W and is fully compatible with USB C 3.1 Gen 2 port and Thunderbolt 3 port. Also, the nylon-braided design makes it durable and uniquely looking.
3. Charging Stands
A charging adapter and a cable are an old-school combo to charge your iPad mini 6. Let's see something new!
Using a charging stand can help you save a lot of charging time and make your life more convenient. For example, you can read or watch a video without holding your iPad mini 6 when getting it charged.
1) Twelve South HoverBar Duo for iPad includes a weighted desktop stand and a shelf clamp. The flexible arm stand and rotatable clip allow you to put your phone or tablet at various positions, angles, and heights, while freeing your hands to do more.
2) PITAKA MagEZ Charging Stand is made explicitly for iPad mini 6. Snap your iPad mini 6 onto the stand using the MagEZ Case Pro (necessary), and it charges without you fiddling with any cables or power adapters. You can rotate it 360 degrees to switch between landscape and portrait mode, or tilt it up and down for a comfortable view when you read, play games, or Facetime.
The charging stand apart, PITAKA offers another charging solution for iPad mini 6.
Pita!Flow Charger looks and works like Apple's MagSafe Charger. Just snap on the back of your iPad mini 6 with MagEZ Case Pro and it charges. You can hold both the iPad mini and the charge in hand and enjoy whatever you have on the screen.
MagEZ Case Pro for iPad mini 6 is required to use with both the charging stand and MagSafe-like charger if you want to "wirelessly" charge your iPad mini 6. The case is meticulously crafted from 1500D aramid fiber and embedded with airbags around all corners, so you don't need to worry about daily drops and wear and tear. And the specially designed pen clip on the iPad mini 6 case securely and firmly holds your Apple Pencil anywhere you go.
To Sum Up
When you get an iPad mini 6, you should not only consider what can help you with your working or playing but think about how to have a better charging experience on it. Think about your charging strategies to boost the performance of your iPad mini 6. Charge better, work smarter and play harder.